Seeking Fishery Worker
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person who’s good with people, hard-working and loves the great outdoors to work at our popular fishery in the Yorkshire Dales.
Your main role will be to carry out the day to day running of our successful fly fishery, interacting with anglers, selling tickets and ensuring that the fisheries are always tidy and well maintained. You will be the welcoming face of our fishery, also helping first-time anglers on our family fishing pond. You will also be able to gain some practical experience of working in the aquaculture sector at our modern on-site trout farm.
Job details: The position is full-time and permanent, and the work will be varied through the year and very rewarding. The business opens 7 days a week, including from 7am until 7pm through the summer. Therefore the position will include evening and weekend work, with longer hours required in summer and shorter hours in winter.
The role will include:
- Welcoming anglers and ticket sales
- Helping first time anglers on our Family Fishing pond
- Developing new ideas and events to increase angler numbers at off peak times
- Maintaining fishing tackle
- General help and tidying around the fishery
- Responding to customer enquiries (email/phone)
- Friendly, approachable and good with people
- Hard working and reliable
- Qualification in fishing-related subject, or equivalent experience in working at a fishery
- Able to work flexible hours to meet the business needs (includes weekends, and longer hours in summer)
- Good standard of written English (for email responses etc)
- Own transport essential
For further details or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief personal statement outlining why you are the ideal person for the job.
Deadline for applications – FRIDAY 29th MARCH
Comments are closed